The Torbay Coastal Heritage Trust seeks to:
- Engage people in improving, preserving and protecting their local environment.
- Be non-political, serving the public benefit and interest.
- Keep an eye on Torbay Council who have received censorship of endangerment as owners of listed gardens and buildings by their consultees English Heritage and The Victorian Society.
- Carry out impartial investigation of national and local planning policies, in relation to council proposals and proposed planning applications.
- Promote the improvement of Torbay.
The supporting membership of the trust has widespread representation:
- Of all generations.
- Of those living in Brixham, Paignton, Torquay, Maidencombe and adjoining areas representing commuters, visitors and tourists on which the distinctiveness, well-being and economy of Torbay depend.
- From “all walks of life”.
- From most points along the political spectrum.
- From a variety of opinions. All are important.
The Guardians have expertise in the following areas:
- Heritage Consultancy
- National & Local Planning
- Top-level Business